TWINS...
Seriously...what is the fascination with sisters working in the same building together? And no we are not twins, which we get asked at least once a month. She is 5'3" and I am 5'6" and outweigh her by a good 20 pounds or so. We are four years apart and DO NOT look like twins, but that doesn't stop people from asking. What a bunch of idiots! I guess at first I can see the, "Oh, how cute you two are sisters and you work at the same place!" comments. But. AFTER 8 years?? Give it a break people. I think people probably imagine us in one cubicle together wearing the same outfit with our hair in pigtails while licking a lollipop and finishing up each others sentences as we work together.
I woke up this morning and got dressed and finally made my way in the kitchen where I see my sister wearing a green button down shirt. What am I wearing? A green sweater. No f'ing way am I going to work on a Monday morning wearing the same color top. I can already hear it...NOBODY needs that crap on a Monday. I guess it's really hard to explain how annoying it can be, but trust me...hearing these comments for 8 years is ANNOYING. Back to this morning...I go back in my room to change. It's been really cold in the office so I need to wear something with sleeves. The only thing I have that is clean and not wrinkled is a blue button down shirt. Well guess what...that wasn't enough of a change. I can't even wear the same style of shirt as common as a button down to work when my sister is wearing one. WTF? Someone made a comment. "Are you two wearing the same shirt?" SO F'ING WHAT if we are (we weren't)?!?!?!? Last week I happened to have a pair of light brown trousers on and so did my sister (not even close to the same style)..."How cute you two are dressed the same!" I felt like telling her...yeah and so is half the other f'ing office, men included. That's just it....I work in an office, how many people wear trousers or button up shirts to an office? Please excuse my ranting, but this REALLY pisses me off.
Labels: WTF




5 Comments:
At 5:39 AM ,
Ramona said...
LOL! I wear the same thing as all of my collegues everyday to work at the hospital! I guess that makes us one big dememented family...and that's not cute either!
Nice to see you back blogging! Did you have a good summer?
At 4:49 PM ,
Unknown said...
I've Linked you!
At 4:08 PM ,
Unknown said...
This was so funny, I had to come back and read it again!!! How is Alan Autry doing as Mayor? He reviewed my Childrens' Show concept and "loved it"!
At 2:25 PM ,
Anonymous said...
Lord. I'm annoyed just reading about it, and I don't even live in the same state as any of my sisters!
At 10:46 PM ,
utenzi said...
There is quite a similarity in how you two look but I can't see why people would think of you as twins. Not even fraternal twins.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home