Why get 4.2% when you can get 7.5%
Alcohol that is! To celebrate Cinco De Mayo, we walked to a couple of neighborhood bars for some drinks. Since we were walking I thought, why not start at home? I only had 1 beer but the way my week has been and how tired I have been it was enough to get me started. We went to a restaurant first that served drinks that I feel were way too expensive, but what the hell it's not like I do it everyday! Those drinks were strong...almost felt like I got my ass kicked. Then we left to go to the brewing company next door since the drinks were cheaper and we could afford the appetizers. I saw the menu that described the beers and noticed they gave the alcohol percentages. To me it made NO SENSE to pay for a beer that only had 4.2% alcohol when I could get a beer that had 7.5% alcohol! The smart girl in me did the math...and he conclusion was to buy the 7.5% beer! Jimminy Christmas, I have no clue why but it did me in. I must be super tired this week.
On a different drinking note, I have a lovely concept: if your drink is too strong then cut it down with more alcohol that is sweeter and better tasting. Don't use juice or anything non-alcoholic...that's just silly. As my good friend of mine once said, "This drink is terrible! It has way too much mix!"
Happy Cinco De Mayo!
On a different drinking note, I have a lovely concept: if your drink is too strong then cut it down with more alcohol that is sweeter and better tasting. Don't use juice or anything non-alcoholic...that's just silly. As my good friend of mine once said, "This drink is terrible! It has way too much mix!"
Happy Cinco De Mayo!




3 Comments:
At 10:24 PM ,
Unknown said...
I never got 4.2 beer. They don't sell it on the east coast, but when I was in college you could drink it at 18, but only 6% when you were over 21.
Me, I had a lot of manderin vodka with tangerine juice tonight. MMMMM.
Here from Michele
At 10:44 PM ,
Rene said...
Michele sent me.
I only had two Pacificos tonight. I made fish and beef tacos tonight and had a flan cake ready for dessert, but the beer filled me up. That's the problem with beer.
At 12:39 PM ,
Ramona said...
In Quebec they brew the high percentage beer. The one I had translated to "The End of the World" and that's pretty much how I felt the next day! Hope you are not suffering post Cinco de Mayo!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home