Home Improvement Photos
I finally moved my photos of the home improvement work to my computer. I thought I had more detailed pictures, but this will have to do. I will post the finished product when complete...whenever that may be. We have been working on two houses. On my friend Mike's house, we removed the "popcorn" finish from the ceiling, re-textured the ceiling, painted, removed tile/carpet and will lay new tile and laminate floor. My house, we removed the remainder of the "popcorn" finish ( I did the majority of it 1.5 yrs ago), re-textured the ceiling, and painted. We decided to do both of our houses at the same time so we could share the cost and hassle of the renting scaffolding. As hard as this has been, it is very rewarding and a great learning experience.
My new ceiling fan (new paint too)

Jonathan on the 5' scaffold painting my previously ugly dark brown beam "umber cloud"

Mike using my new air compressor and air chisel to remove tile.

My old ugly chandelier doing what it was always meant for...sitting in the trash holding empty bottles of booze!

My new ceiling fan (new paint too)

Jonathan on the 5' scaffold painting my previously ugly dark brown beam "umber cloud"

Mike using my new air compressor and air chisel to remove tile.

My old ugly chandelier doing what it was always meant for...sitting in the trash holding empty bottles of booze!

Me texturing Mike's ceiling on the 10' scaffolding.

My new air compressor on Mike's carpetless floor and newly textured ceiling (and new paint/ceiling fan)...isn't she lovely? I bought her at Costco, so much fun!

What a lucky kitty...I caught my cat Tatt's snoozing in the sun while we were all hard at work inside.

Tomorrow I will be doing paint touch-ups, painting the hallway at my house, look for a new chandelier for my dining room and laminate flooring over at Mike's. Fun stuff...




7 Comments:
At 11:39 PM ,
OldLady Of The Hills said...
Hi..I'm here from Michele, sort of...I was looking at some of the previous posts and saw your name and just that I would stop and say..Michele sent me..because yours was a new name to me.
What a MAJOR job you are doing on those two houses...Good for you, doing so much of the work, yourself!!! I admire that more than I can say! Much further Good Luck with finishing evreything you want and need to do!
Glad I stopped by!
At 12:00 AM ,
Juggling Mother said...
You know, someone, somewhere will probably pay good money for that old chandalier!
People will buy any old tat if you sy it's "classic", "chic" or even better "antique" or "collectble". Although I thought it made quite a good empty bottle holder (LOL)
We've been doing our house for four years now & it's still not finished!
Here from Micheles
At 12:51 AM ,
craziequeen said...
Tatt's got the right idea.... :-)
Good job on the renovations :-)
Just flicking through Michele's place....
cq
At 5:23 AM ,
Jean-Luc Picard said...
Wow! That fan is big enought to lift the ceiling off!
At 1:55 PM ,
The Complimenting Commenter said...
Those are some great pictures. Looks like a lot of good, hard work was accomplished. Hopefully you will be able to enjoy the changes! Fantastic post.
At 7:58 PM ,
JoeC said...
ahh, home improvement, diy style, brilliant. cheers!
At 9:51 AM ,
Ramona said...
Your place looks fabulous! I'm loving those cathedral ceiling!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home