TRAVEL TUESDAYS #6
This week, I would like to take you to Bashkiria, Russia. Also known as The Reublic of Bashkortostan. Bashkiria is located in southern Russia bordering north of Kazakhstan. I traveled there with my mother during the Summer of 2004. The pictures I have posted today are from my visit to the capital city, Ufa.

Statue in a public park in honor of a Bashkir National Hero, Salavat Yulayev.

Brand new to Bashkiria...McDonald's I had to take this picture because I loved the sign in Russian characters.
Stay tuned...next week we are off to Moscow.
Statue in a public park in honor of a Bashkir National Hero, Salavat Yulayev.

Brand new to Bashkiria...McDonald's I had to take this picture because I loved the sign in Russian characters.
Stay tuned...next week we are off to Moscow.
Labels: Travel Tuesdays, Travel-Russia




2 Comments:
At 6:11 AM ,
Ramona said...
Those Russian letters can make even McDonalds look like a fascinating place!
Can't wait to see your pics of Russia, it is a dream of mine to go there.
At 7:20 PM ,
Carli N. Wendell said...
That McDonald's photo reminds me of the movie Red Dawn--the first film to ever earn a PG-13 rating. In the coming attraction, Russian tanks invade a local Colorado McDonald's--but the shot did not make the movie's final cut. I wonder if in the America envisioned in the movie, America would be covered with signs like that!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home