BeesHIVE

A GREAT PLEASURE IN LIFE IS DOING WHAT OTHERS SAY YOU CAN'T

Friday, February 16, 2007

ULCER!

WTF? Yes, I was diagnosed with having an ulcer, possibly. And, possibly a bleeding ulcer. This really is the last thing I needed right now. Wait, actually the last thing I needed was this pain in my left knee. WHY NOW?? I still have 3.5 months of training to get ready for my marathon.

I have no idea what is going on with my body right now. I guess I am heavily stressed and over worked my knee. Now I am not allowed to talk any anti-inflammatory drugs for my knee because of my possible ulcer (did I mention it is possibly a bleeding ulcer?). Other than these 2 hopefully minor setbacks, things have been going great with my marathon training/fund-raising. I am very excited about the whole journey and am really looking forward to running the 26.2 miles this June!


One more thing....I am scared to swicth to the new blogger. They are forcing me to switch, I was able to bypass it this one time. I have heard too many horror stories...ooohh my ulcer!

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

  • At 8:40 PM , Blogger Carli N. Wendell said...

    Blogger is getting better. It really sucked for a while right after I made the switch a few weeks ago. Good luck with the ulcer. Ouch!

     
  • At 9:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have the new blogger. It's pretty cool, actually. The spellcheck is incredible and the ability to lable is pretty fun. A word to the wise, though... log in before you go blog visiting. If you forget and you make a comment on someone's blog, but it tells you to log in, FIRST copy your comment. Then log in and go back and repaste your comment because it will have gotten lost while you were signing in. Other than that, it's all good.

    Oh, and the ulcer with the marathon? You might want to start a food journal and be very careful to eat the right foods and avoid the wrong ones. I don't know what they are, never having had an ulcer, but anything can be improved with the right food and exaserbated with the wrong ones....

     
  • At 10:05 AM , Blogger Bobkat said...

    I switched to new Blogger and have had no problems at all. Some of the new features are actually quite nice!

    I am so impressed youa re going to run a marathon - good luck with that and getting your medical set backs sorted. I have recently been through my own so I know how trying these can be.

    Michele sent me :-)

     
  • At 11:15 AM , Blogger Biff Spiffy said...

    Happy Saturday via Michele!

    Hope your ulcer goes away. And never comes back.

    As for your knee, by coincidence I have a runner-blogger-friend who just wrote about such things Here
    Maybe it'll be useful, I'm no runner. Yet.

    I'm a new blogger and have lots of friends who have endured the switch pain-free. I say gopher it.

     
  • At 1:41 PM , Blogger craziequeen said...

    I was forced to switch and I was livid about it....
    There are still some inconsistencies to iron out....

    struggling to sign in here - nuff said....

    Look after yourself!!

    cq
    Michele sent me

     
  • At 8:19 PM , Blogger carmilevy said...

    I'm so sorry to hear about your ulcer. Are you taking any meds for it? I hope it resolves itself soon...you deserve to have a happy tummy.

     
  • At 6:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Sorry to ehar about your ulcer. I presume that you are taking zantac or something similar? Stay away from spicy foods too.
    I use the new blogger, and I forgot to save my original template so I lost all my sidebar stuff including blog links. I had to do it all over again, and was quite upset.
    But now, I must admit, I love the new blogger! Its easy, it's more user friendly. Just log in before you start posting.
    Anybody can join WCB! Next week, it'll be held here: http://cooknkate.wordpress.com/ just leave your link in the comments section of her blog when she has the WCB post up.
    There is also Weekend Dog Blogging and Weekend Herb Blogging!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home